like us on facebook

23 Aug 2012

A small heart touching story mainly for professoonals.

A man came home from work late,
tired and irritated, to find his 5-year
old son waiting for him at the door.
SON: “Daddy, may I ask you a
question?”
DAD: “Yeah sure, what is it?” replied
the man.
SON:”Daddy, how much do you make
an hour?”
DAD: “That’s none of your business.
Why do you ask such a thing?” the
man said angrily.
SON: “I just want to know. Please tell
me, how much do you make an
hour?”
DAD: “If you must know, I make
Rs.100 an hour.”
SON: “Oh,” the little boy replied, with
his head down.
SON: “Daddy, may I please borrow
Rs.50?”
The father was furious, “If the only
reason you asked that is so you can
borrow some money to buy a silly toy
or some other nonsense, then
you march yourself straight to your
room and go to bed. Think about why
you are being so selfish. I work hard
everyday for such this
childish behavior.”
The little boy quietly went to his room
and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get
even angrier about the little boy’s
questions. How dare he ask such
questions only to get some
money?
After about an hour or so, the man
had calmed down, and started to
think: Maybe there was something he
really needed to buy with that
Rs.50 and he really didn’t ask for
money very often. The man went to
he door of the little boy’s room and
opened the door.
“Are you asleep, son?” He asked.
“No daddy, I’m awake,” replied the
boy.
“I’ve been thinking, maybe I was too
hard on you earlier” said the man.
“It’s been a long day and I took out
my aggravation on you. Here’s the
Rs.50 you asked for.”
The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
“Oh, thank you daddy!” He yelled.
Then, reaching under his pillow he
pulled out some crumpled up bills.
The man saw that the boy already had
money, started to get angry
again. The little boy slowly counted
out his money, and then looked up at
his father.
“Why do you want more money if you
already have some?” the father
grumbled.
“Because I didn’t have enough, but
now I do,” the little boy replied.
“Daddy, I have Rs.100 now. Can I buy
an hour of your time?
Please come home early tomorrow. I
would like to have dinner with you.”
The father was crushed. He put his
arms around his little son, and he
begged for his forgiveness.
It’s just a short reminder to all of you
working so hard in life. We should not
let time slip through our fingers
without having spent some
time with those who really matter to
us, those close to our hearts.
Do remember to share that Rs.100
worth of your time with someone you
love.
If we die tomorrow, the company that
we are working for could easily
replace us in a matter of days.
But the family & friends we leave
behind will feel the loss for the rest of
their lives. And come to think of it, we
pour ourselves more into work than
to our family.
cheers...!!live life 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment